FEATURES AND FINISHES
Luxurious Features and Quality Appointments
Coughlan Homes recognizes that home building has evolved throughout the years. Many builders strive to give you the best price
for their product, but eliminate feautres and finishes that offer you great value – and then charge you to add them back. At Coughlan
Homes, we believe that you should receive a home that you can make your own, and enjoy in its' standard state. That is why we don't
have Standard Features, we offer you included Signature Features.
Luxurious Features included in your Forestview Estates home:
ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN FEATURES
- 9’ ceiling on main and second floor.
- 10’ tray ceiling in the Master Bedroom.
- Sunken foyer and laundry room as per applicable plan.
- Smooth ceiling in kitchen, powder rooms, bathrooms, and laundry room.
- Main staircase, hand rail and stair nosing to be oak with choice of natural or stained finish. Finished lower level with oak staircase as per applicable plan.
- Choice of picket design, oak or iron F.V.S.S.*.
- Direct vent gas fireplaces in great rooms, as per applicable plan, with custom decorative mantle.
- Open concept kitchen designs.
- Decorative ornamental columns as per applicable plan.
- Computer loft or study as per applicable plan.
- Coffered or waffled ceilings (as per applicable plan).
- Raised or vaulted ceilings as per applicable plan.
- Taller archways on main floor.
GOURMET KITCHEN FEATURES
- Gourmet custom designed deluxe kitchen cabinets.
- Imported luxurious granite countertop of your choice F.V.S.S.*.
- 42” tall upper cabinets.
- Extended breakfast bar as per plan.
- Double stainless steel undermount sink.
- Single lever Moen with pull out faucet.
- Rough in for built-in dishwasher, predetermined location as per plan.
- Heavy-duty cable and outlet for stove.
- Stainless steel two speed hooded fan vented through a 6” duct to exterior.
LUXURIOUS BATHROOM FEATURES
- Luxury ensuite tub as per applicable plan.
- Ceramic wall tile for tub/shower enclosures up to the ceiling and including ceiling. Tiles to be chosen from F.V.S.S.*.
- Separate shower in master ensuite with waterproof light and frameless glass enclosure as per applicable plan.
- Oversized shower head in all separate showers.
- Vanity with sink and single lever Moen faucet with pop-up drain in all bathrooms.
- Vanity in powder room.
- Mirror above full width of vanity to 42” above counter.
- Make-up bar lighting.
- Single lever Moen shower faucet with posi-temp feature in all shower stalls.
- Laminated counter-tops as per Vendor’s wide range of samples.
- Exhaust fan in all bathrooms with separate switch.
- All basins and toilets are Vitreous China (American Standard).
- All shower bases to be pre-formed.
- Privacy locks on all bathroom doors.
- Ceramic towel bar, toilet paper dispenser and soap holder in all bathrooms.
- Rough-in 3-piece bathroom in basement (drains only - no water supply).
HEATING, VENTILATION AND COOLING SYSTEM
- Forced air high efficiency gas furnace with electronic ignition.
- LOW E and ARGON (with insulated spacers) clay vinyl windows.
- Spray foam insulation in garage ceiling below liveable space in addition to cantilever areas with living space above (R27).
- Exposed main square ductwork in basement to be sealed with foil tape.
- Hot water tank is a rental unit. Purchaser to execute agreement with designated supplier prior to closing.
- Energy Star qualified exhaust fans in all bathrooms including powder room (where applicable).
- Ductwork sized for future air conditioning.
- All ductwork professionally cleaned at time of occupancy.
- Heat recovery ventilator (HRV).
- Washable latex paint on interior walls throughout finished areas (one colour throughout, chosen F.V.S.S.*).
- Interior trim and doors to be painted white.
- Sprayed stippled ceilings with 4” scraped border in all rooms except kitchen, breakfast area, bathrooms and laundry, which will have smooth ceilings. All closet ceilings will be completely stippled.
- Ceramic floor in front foyer, powder room, all bathrooms, laundry room (excluding basement locations), kitchen and breakfast areas as per applicable plans from a wide selection of Vendor’s samples.
- Choice of oak hardwood or premium broadloom on balance of main floor F.V.S.S.*.
- Quality 35 oz. broadloom with high density chip foam underpaid in finished basement areas and second floor. Choose from a wide selection of Vendor’s samples, one colour throughout.
- All subfloors 5/8” spruce tongue and groove plywood.
- All subfloors nailed and screwed.
LAUNDRY ROOM FEATURES
- Single basin laundry tub inset in cabinet for main or second floor laundry rooms as per applicable plan.
- Heavy-duty outlet for dryer with exterior vent.
- Taps (hot and cold water faucet) for laundry tub and drain for washer.
- Wide range of ceramic F.V.S.S.* for main or second floor laundry rooms, as per applicable plan.
- Upper cabinets included. F.V.S.S.*.
FINISHING DETAILS (Including Windows, Doors And Trim)
- 5 1/4” baseboard with complimentary backband casing.
- Main floor archways to be trimmed.
- Quality profile door stop trim in all tiled and hardwood floor areas.
- Your choice of Interior Doors styles F.V.S.S.*.
- Quality brushed nickel hardware on all interior doors and front door gripset.
- Shelf and rod in all bedroom closets.
- All operating windows are complete with screens (one operating window per room).
- Quality Energy Star rated clay vinyl casement windows at front with mullion bars.
- Quality vinyl casement windows on sides and rear of house as per plans.
- Quality vinyl sliding basement windows.
- Two-panel thermal sliding patio door to rear yard with sliding screen as per plan.
- All windows clay coloured.
- Architecturally controlled elevations.
- Engineered floor system.
- 35 year Quality Roof Shingles.
- Principally all clay brick with stone combinations where indicated as per plan.
- Maintenance free aluminium soffit, fascia, eaves trough, down spouts and frieze boards.
- 8’x 36” steel thermal insulated front door with sidelights.
- Two exterior water taps, one in garage and one at rear (hot + cold in garage).
- Raised slopes on roof pitches (as per plan).
- Basement to be poured concrete with drainage membrane and weeping tiles where applicable.
- Ceilings and walls may be modified to accommodate mechanical systems.
EXTERIOR FEATURES (Including Garage, Porch And Driveway)
- Choose your own exterior finishing package F.V.S.S.*.
- Poured concrete front porch.
- Concrete garage floor with reinforced grade beams.
- Number of steps and their location at front and rear may vary from that shown on floor plans due to grading conditions and municipal requirements.
- Premium insulated sectional roll up garage doors.
- Fully sodded front and back yards.
- Asphalt Paved driveway.
- Decorative house numbers.
- Quality exterior coach lamps as per plan.
- Covered porch (as per applicable model).
- Door from garage to laundry room and/or interior(grade permitted) as per applicable plan.
Note: Grade conditions may require the installation of stairs or landing with stairs (located inside the garage), which may limit depth of garage and vehicle access.
ELECTRICAL & PLUMBING FEATURES
- 200 Amp service.
- Electrical outlet in garage for each parking space. One ceiling outlet in garage for each garage door for future garage door opener.
- Seasonal duplex receptacle located near front door with interior switch at front door or in main hall closet.
- Rough-in central vacuum to basement.
- Shut off Valves installed on all fixtures.
- Quality interior light fixtures throughout house (capped ceiling box in living, family or great room, and dining rooms).
- Electrical smoke detector in basement, main and upper halls and all bedrooms, as per building code.
- Electrical door chime at front door.
- White Decora switches and plugs throughout.
- Ground fault protected outlets in all bathrooms and powder room, as per building code.
- CO2 detector as per building code.
- One electrical outlet located in unfinished basement next to hydro panel.
- Tamper resistant receptacles throughout entire house except kitchen.
- All wiring in accordance with Electrical Safety Authority standards and Ontario Electrical Safety Code.
- Rough-in Security System.
- Coughlan Homes will bring your home to life with a structured cabling system to facilitate all your communication needs. Telecommunication, camera, television, voice, data and audio visual can be available throughout your house; 4 CAT 5 wires and 2 RG 6 wires are provided as standard
MULTI-YEAR TARION HOME WARRANTY
- 1 year on all material and workmanship.
- 2 year on heating, plumbing and electrical distribution systems.
- 2 year on building envelope integrity and water penetration.
- 7 year on major structural defects.
F.V.S.S.* From Vendor’s Standard Selection. All renderings are artist’s concept. E. & O.E.
To see full included features list, click here